Prosafe is the world's leading owner and operator of semi-submersible accommodation rigs. The company operates globally and employed 551 people at year-end. Operating profit for the year 2011 was USD 192.3 million and net profit for 2011 equaled USD 158 million.
Prosafe owns 11 semi-submersible accommodation rigs and one accommodation jack-up. In addition, Prosafe has ordered a harsh environment semi-submersible accommodation rig to be delivered from the yard in the second quarter of 2014. 6 rigs are currently on bareboat contracts in the gulf of Mexico and 6 rigs are operated by Prosafe from our offices in Aberdeen, Singapore and Macae..
With six dynamically positioned units, five anchored rigs and one jack-up, Prosafe's rig fleet is versatile and able to operate in nearly all offshore environments. At present, Prosafe is the leader in the provision of offshore accommodation rigs in harsh and semi-harsh environments .
Prosafe has extensive experience from operating gangway connected to fixed installations, FPSOs, TLPs, Semis and Spars. The company's track record comprises operations offshore Norway, UK, Denmark, Brazil, Tunisia, Angola, Nigeria, Australia, the Philippines, Russia, USA and Mexico.
Prosafe is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange with ticker code PRS.
We are now looking to strengthen our team with a
International oil & gas – Engineering management – Technical fleet
management – Projects & Operational support
We would like to get in contact with candidates with at least 5 years of management experience and a broad understanding of marine engineering systems and a good understanding of the operations within a multinational enterprise. The company has ambitious plans to further grow their business, and are therefore constantly on the outlook for ambitious, motivated individuals with the right mix of skills, experience and attitude.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The key role of the Technical Director will be to ensure the technical readiness of Prosafe's fleet of units
- The Technical director will be responsible for:
- the total engineering management for the Prosafe fleet.
- Providing technical expertise to develop and upkeep maintenance policies
- In close cooperation with operations , continuously improve Prosafe's rigs to exceed customers requirements.
- Design evaluations for refurbishment programs and new builds
- The Technical director will be the focal point for all third party contractors involved in projects
- Ensuring that national engineering standards are maintained
- Following Prosafe’s Project manual and procedures
- At least 5 years of management experience, preferably from the offshore / rig industry managing multi-disciplined senior management teams
- Experienced in marine, offshore or ship construction / ship repair industry and vessel upgrades
- Degree in naval architecture, mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent
Specific skills or knowledge
- Communicate effectively with internal (and external) customers to identify needs and evaluate solutions
- Fluent English – both oral and written. Norwegian is an advantage
The position reports to the Group CEO and will be close to strategic decision-making within the group. The position will be located in one of Prosafe's offices in Stavanger or Aberdeen.
Mercuri Urval Executive Services welcomes telephone enquiries that may constitute the basis for an informal, confidential discussion about the position. Please contact Director Oil & Gas John Egil Mæland tel. +47 975 59 046, or Executive Researcher Liv Anita Caycedo tel 975 59 047. Please indicate your interest in the position as soon as possible and no later than August 13th 2012. All enquiries to Mercuri Urval will be treated in confidence, also towards our client if required.
Kort om stillingen
Norge / Rogaland / Stavanger / Hinna
John Egil Mæland
+47 975 59 046
Liv Anita Caycedo
975 59 047
Vis på kart