FOGL spuds Loligo
Falkland Oil and Gas target large Tertiary trap.
Falkland Oil and Gas has spudded the Loligo exploration well 42/07-01.
-The well is located approximately 200 km east of the Falkland Islands. FOGL is the operator of the well, holding a 75 percent interest, together with its joint venture partner Edison International Spa, who hold the remaining 25 percent interest in licence PL028, according to a press release from FOGL.
Loligo is the first of a two well exploration programme using the Leiv Eriksson semi submersible drilling rig. The well is designed to test the Loligo Complex, which is a large Tertiary aged stratigraphic trap with multiple reservoir objectives.
It is anticipated that the well operations will be around 60 days.